Monday, July 22, 2013

DIY Headboard on a Tight Budget

I like to laugh at myself.

I laugh at me being the only middle school girl who keeps up with Design Star on HGTV.

I laugh that I get subscriptions to Southern Living, Country Living, and Better Homes and Gardens.

I'm the only 13 year old who's favorite store is Goodwill.

I laugh that I wake up early on Saturday mornings to go yard sale-ing.

I just laugh.

I made this fun headboard with an old yard stick.

I bought it from one of my Goodwill shopping trips:)

All I did was cut out circles of different sizes from coordinating paper.

I used the die cutting machine from my school.

Then, I simply taped the circles on to string.
I taped on some washi-tape to the yard stick for a pop of color.
It pulls the colors of my room together in a fun way.
Y'all have fun crafting,
Daisy
 

 

2 comments:

  1. so nice the headboard!! and it goes with the bedspread so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy, I absolutely love your blog, your heart for creativity and your fun ideas! I know you don't know me, but I know your Mom and Dad. Youth ministry connections:) I am a lover of creating too and have had a blast cruising through your blog. Follow your dream Daisy! I think you are probably one of the coolest 13 year olds around!! God bless you and please tell your daddy that little Ben Snyder and his wife just had a baby boy, so Sid and Laurie are now Papa Sid and Cookie! We live in Manchester, TN and it has been a long time since we have see your parents. I will be looking forward to more of your beautiful blog!
    Best to you, Laurie Snyder

    ReplyDelete