Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Vintage Fabric Banner

Right now,
I'm hitting 2 birds with one stone.
Babysitting and blogging.
I'm cradling a sleeping baby boy with one hand,
And typing today's post with the other.
As I continue to type this post excessively slow,
I want to share with you my latest creation!
( Even though it might take me a while! )
My vintage fabric banner!
A few days ago,
I was shopping at a local thrift store.
There was a basket on the very bottom shelf,
And it was full of old quilting squares!
I immediatly thought they would make a cute banner.
So when I got home,
I pulled out the sewing machine,
And began to sew!
You can definetly make one yourself!
Supplies:
-Fabric Scraps
-Bakers Twine (Yarn would also work)
-Sewing Machine (Hot glue would also work.)
-Scissors
I began by folding the top of the fabric square,
And sticking the twine inside of the fold.
I sewed along the lines that say 'sew' in the picture above.
I sewed the sides to keep the square from sliding on the twine.
I continued this process with every pennant,
And soon enough I had a banner!
It would look great for a retro photo shoot,
Or just a simple, vintage piece of bedroom decor!
Y'all have fun crafting,
Daisy

Blog Parties:
Sunday
DIY Showoff
Under the Table and Dreaming
Nifty Thrifty Things
Flamingo Toes
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Twigg Studios
Silver Pennies
Uncommon Designs
Monday
Between Naps on the Porch
Cozy Little House
Aldberry Hill
Tuesday
Homemade Ginger
Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style
The Pleated Poppy
The 36th Avenue
ThursdayThe Shabby Creek Cottage
From My Front Porch To Yours
Common Ground
Friday
Craftberry Bush
Tatertots and Jello
Jennifer Rizzo
Saturday


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love to make burlap banners myself. I did a ton of them for my daughter's wedding a couple years ago and can't stop :) Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fabric banners. Stopping by from The Shabby Creek Cottage linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2013/06/update-and-es-lounge-pants.html

    ReplyDelete