Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY Welcome Sign

I am very Southern when it comes to welcomes.
I am fond of them whether it's a big wreath on the front door,
or a sweet grandma knitting on the porch swing.
With this said,
I figured I needed a welcome to my bedroom.
I didn't want a full wreath on my door,
but a small silver platter was perfect.



I figured out that many silver platters are magnetic.
So I assembled a cute magnet,
(you can find great flowers, buttons and strong magnets at the craft stores)
and stamped up a "welcome" sign.
I had to have a way to hang it on my door,
so I hot glued twine to the platter.
Then,
I hot glued felt on the back;
in order to keep it from banging against the door.
Goodwill always has silver platters for sale,
so you can definitely make your own!
Take a magnet with you to make sure your platter is magnetic.
This made the perfect little welcome to my room.
Y'all have fun crafting,
Daisy

Blog Parties:
DIY Showoff
Between Naps on the Porch
Cozy Little House
The Pleated Poppy
The 36th Avenue
The Shabby Creek Cottage
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Shabby Nest
Chic and Crafty Party

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever :) I am so thankful that the Lord chose me to be your mom. Life to the full! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome idea! Love it...I have a very similar tray that never gets used. I'm going to give this a try so I can enjoy it every day. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete